Cherokee Nation Foundation Scholarship
The Cherokee Nation Foundation scholarship is available to Cherokee Nation students who have attended one of CNF’s immersive preparatory programs (ACT Prep & College Prep Camp or CCPI) in the summer before their 11th or 12th grade year with a cumulative 3.5 GPA. The scholarship is eligible for renewal for up to four years and awarded upon high school graduation and enrollment in a higher education institution.
- Supplemental Questions
- In 300 words or less, describe the world you come from — for example, your family, community or school — and tell us how your world has shaped your dreams and aspirations.
- In 500 words or less address your personal background information (yourself, family, school, and community). Please note if you speak the Cherokee language or if you know or are learning the Cherokee language and other Cherokee cultural skills. Explain your personal/family/social issues, obstacles, and strengths. Explain your financial need for higher education (one-parent household, foster care, low-income, any special circumstances). Your willingness to apply for scholarships, internships, fellowships, etc.
- Please list all volunteer/community service you have completed and give a brief description of each activity.
- Please enter the name and email of a person who would provide a reference for this scholarship opportunity. (An appropriate person to ask is someone who knows you very well and not a relative. Be sure to let the person know that they will be receiving an email to supply a reference for you.)
- Please select the CNF programs you have recently participated in.