NSU ACT & College Prep Camp
NOTE: PARENTS PLEASE DO NOT FILL OUT THE APPLICATION! The application needs to be completed by the student. You are welcome to help answer questions, but the goal is to have the student experience what it is like to gather information for an application. This application is similar to college applications; we want to expose the students to questions so they feel confident and able to answer questions or ask for help.
During the week of June 5-8, 2023, Northeastern State University and the Cherokee Nation Foundation will host a residential college prep camp that will provide selected students with intensive ACT prep instruction as well as college readiness workshops. These workshops cover the college admissions process, how to apply for financial aid and scholarships, and several other topics. All food, lodging materials, and ACT test fees will be provided by NSU and the Cherokee Nation Foundation.
You will need the following items to complete the application:
*Cherokee Nation Tribal Citizenship Card
*Most recent transcript
*Most recent ACT score report (If previously taken)
You will be notified if you have been selected to attend via email Students who are selected to attend the camp need to be registered for the National June or July 2023 ACT (without writing). Cherokee Nation Foundation will reimburse the cost of the ACT after fully completing the program and proof of registration. CNF WILL NOT reimburse any late fees if you register after the deadline.
- Supplemental Questions
- How will you be traveling to the NSU ACT & College Prep Camp in Tahlequah?
- In a minimum of 300 words, explain why you want to go to college and any goals you have for your education or future career.
- In 300 words or less, tell us how you will benefit from this program and what you expect to gain from attending the ACT & College Prep camp.
- Can you commit to attend the entire week of the ACT & College Prep Camp at the NSU in Tahlequah? (June 5-8, 2023)?
- Please upload a copy of your most recent ACT Test Scores (Must be an official ACT report)
- What size t-shirt do you wear? (Adult sizes only)
- Have you ever participated in any of the Cherokee Nation Foundation ACT prep programs? (MasteryPrep Boot Camp or Testing With Success with Shelly Beaty)
- Show 2 more